Hollywood Studios is currently going through some major changes and with the new Toy Story section scheduled to open in the summer of 2018 and the new Star Wars land opening in 2019 you might question if you should even take your young family to Hollywood Studios at all.
Here are a few things to consider when planning your trip to Walt Disney World.
- Does someone in my party love all things Star Wars?
- Do my children like to meet the characters?
- Do we enjoy watching live-action shows?
- Any thrill-seeking adults in the party?
If you answered yes to most of the questions, you probably want to consider adding a day HWS and here is why.
- The Star Wars Launch Bay is a unique place in Hollywood Studios to see movie replica’s, meet star wars specific characters, and interact with Storm Troopers.
- Captain Phasma leads the March of the First Order through Hollywood Studios on the hour for most of the day
- Star Wars Specific shows on the main stage, and ending the night with the Galaxy in the Stars fireworks show
- Star Tours Ride, height requirement of 40 inches
- Jedi Training Academy
- Ages 4-12
- Must register for this activity, registration is limited (information here)
At Hollywood Studios, there are lots of characters at Hollywood Studios both in secret, not published locations, and proper meet and greet locations.
In Hollywood Studios, you can expect to see in a proper meet in greet:
- Disney Junior Characters
- Sophia the First
- Jake the Neverland Pirate
- Doc McStuffins
- Sorcerer Mickey
- Red Carpet Minnie
- Star Wars
- Kylo Ren
- Buzz and Woody
- Cruz Remirez
In pop-up locations I’ve seen the following characters:
The shows at Hollywood Studios are a lot of fun, some of our family favorites include:
- Beauty and the Beast
- Disney Junior
- Indiana Jones
If there are thrill-seekers in your party, you won’t want to skip Hollywood Studios. HWS is home of my favorite roller coaster, (Rock’n Roller Coaster) and the fabulous Hollywood Tour Hotel’s Tower of Terror.
Be sure to ask a cast member about rider swap for the thrill rides.
Perhaps it is because Hollywood Studios is where my husband asked me to be his wife 10 years ago, but I love the theme park so much and feel it is worth considering when planning your trip to Disney.
Shop for your Disney Trip!* Twice Upon a Year – Up to 75% off when you take an extra 25% off! Code: EXTRA25. Valid 1/26/18-1/28/18. Some Restrictions Apply.
PIN FOR LATER