Recipe for Taco Chicken Rice Casserole
When I welcomed our third daughter into the world, our dear friends brought over this most amazing casserole. It was Taco Seasoned chicken with rice, black beans, and some other ingredients. I’m pretty sure I ate most of the pan by myself! Since I loved the recipe so much, I decided to re-create a similar casserole. In my version of this recipe, we use fewer ingredients in the casserole and serve more things on the side.
The ingredients for this casserole are simple, and can most often be found in my kitchen.
- Boneless Chicken*
- Taco Seasoning
- Rice (we like Brown Rice)
- Olive Oil
- 1 Can Black Beans
- Cheddar Cheese
* You can also use ground chicken, turkey or beef for this recipe. The only difference is, instead of using a slow cooker you will want to cook it in a pan as you would if preparing tacos.
- First Cook the Rice. We like to use a rice cooker but it isn’t necessary. You can cook it on the stovetop if you prefer.
- Add Taco Seasoning, onions and water to Chicken. Cook in the slow cooker on high for about 4 hours.
- Once the Rice is done, add 1 cup cheddar cheese and black beans.
- After the Chicken is done, shred and add to the bowl of rice.
- Bake at 350 degrees until done.
WATCH THE VIDEO
This recipe is so easy my 3-year old is able to help me put it together! – Be sure to subscribe to our Youtube Channel!
This recipe pairs great with Corn, Tortillas and all the ingredients you’d find on a taco bar. My favorite way to eat this meal is with tortillas and sour cream with a few tomatoes. What items do you like to include on your Tacos?
Favorite Kitchen Products
I will be the first to tell you that I am not really into kitchen gadgets. In fact, I prefer to have as little as possible. I guess the kitchen is the one area I’ve mastered Minimalism?
These next few products are affiliate links. It costs nothing extra for you if you decide to make a purchase, but it does help our family and we appreciate your support.
This is an upgrade from the slow-cooker that I have. It doesn’t have anything fancy, but it gets the job done. I’ve had mine for a few years and I really like it.
Rice Cooker! This is the one product that I didn’t know I needed until I had one. Mine was given to me by my mother in law when she got a larger one. I love it and use it almost every day.
Glass Baking Dishes
I love glass baking dishes so much. I think they are perfect for all occasions and are easy to clean.
The Question of the Day:
What are your must-have products for the kitchen?
PIN FOR LATER