Are you subscribed to my Youtube Channel?
I recently posted my first ever PLAN WITH ME video featuring my Erin Condren Life Planner and shared 3 of my best tips for planning an epic Disney vacation!
Our most recent Disney vacation was absolutely perfect, zero complaints and millions of memories! If you want to see some of the footage from our trip and see how I use my Erin Condren Life Planner for memory keeping, please check out my Youtube Video.
Tip 1: Plan in Advance!
Planning a Disney Vacation can be pretty overwhelming, that’s why I feel it is important to plan well enough in advance that you can do some research and decide what you want to accomplish during your trip.
Some important dates to keep in mind,
- 180 Days in Advance – make your dining reservations on the My Disney Experience website.
- 60 Days in Advance – if you are staying on property you can make your FastPass+ reservations on the same My Disney Experience website.
Another thing to consider is the Disney Dining Plan and if it is a right fit for you and your group. We decided to go with the Disney Dining Plan for our last trip, but there are a few things to consider before committing too it. You can read more about the Dining plan on this post if you are interested.
Tip 2: Consider a Travel Agent
Did you know that it is absolutely FREE to use a Travel Agent? It’s a common misconception that you have to pay a fee for using a travel agent and for that reason many people plan on their own. It is possible to plan an epic Disney vacation on your own, but a travel agent who is in-the-know can really help you.
Our travel agent helped us with:
- Countless questions about the Dining Plan
- Fast Pass+ reservations
- Countless questions about hotels
- Discount Monitoring
- General Advice
- Surprise gift in the mail a week before we left
I am not a travel agent, but the one we used was fabulous! Find her here.
Tip 3: Don’t over commit and over plan
It is so easy to rush around the parks trying to go on the most rides, see the most shows and eat the most snacks – and those things are all fun! But, have you ever just taken a leisurely stroll down Main Street, USA? Walked around the World Showcase and had conversations with the cast members? There are so many beautiful details, and magical experiences to be had!
Just a few we had:
- Ride the Trolly down Main Street in the Magic Kingdom
- Walking with Mary Poppins, chatting about tea
- Ride the Nemo Ride 3x in a row
- Cotton Candy gift from a cast member
When you have a little wiggle room in your schedule you open yourselves up to so much opportunity.
PIN FOR LATER