I hope you’ve been enjoying all these tips on running from Jeff Galloway, I know that I have.
When following a training plan its important to know your body. Here are a couple tips from Jeff Galloway on just why we get injured.
1. Be aware of the irritation of weak links.
The key weak links are body parts where my runners tend to experience injuries are these:
- Training schedule is too intense-not enough rest between stress.
- Adverse training components – speed is too fast or has too much, too soon.
- Running form – too long a stride, forward lean, bouncing too high off the ground.
- Take walk breaks more frequently and run shorter run segments
- Form: shorter stride, feet low to the ground
- Slower long runs, with more walk breaks
- Avoid Stretching
- Be careful when running speed sessions