Happy Walt Disney World Wednesday!
We are just a few days away from the 2018 Walt Disney World Marathon, those who are running the 5K, or Dopey Challenge are already en-route to the Happiest Place on Earth, but some of us won’t be heading towards Orlando until later in the week.
I’m not going to lie, my Instagram feed is full of amazing pictures of people soaking in the fun at the parks before the craziness of RunDisney weekend sets in, and I’m slightly jealous. So, to combat my fear of missing out I’m going to share my costume for the Marathon!
Originally, I was going to be someone very Shiney… 😉
I even bought a shell to spray paint for my Moana Crab (Tamatoa) costume. However, as the race approached I didn’t feel like I’d do the costume justice and genuinely felt like the shell would annoy me. So, I ditched that idea and started over.
Training with three kids, ages 3 and under proved to be much harder than I thought it’d be. Throw in an exclusively breastfed infant who refused a bottle for most of her life, and you’ve got my reality.
Training for this race was harder than I anticipated,
but I got it done!
Around the time I was trying to find a new costume inspiration, my daughters had been requesting to watch Peter Pan on repeat, and I’m glad they did.
For the 2018 Walt Disney World Marathon,
my costume is inspired by the Movie Peter Pan!
If I have time, I plan to add a red feather to my visor, and white pom poms to my shoes. We will see if I can make it out to a craft store for the supplies.
- Shirt: Raw Threads, get yours here.
- sign up for their newsletter, they always have amazing sales!
- Shorts: Under Armour Compression Shorts
- These shorts are my favorite! They even work well during pregnancy.
- Skirt: Sparkle Athletic
- sign up for their newsletter, they also have amazing sales!
- Visor: Sparkle Athletic
- Timer: Gymboss
- I plan to do 30/30 Run Walk Intervals for the Marathon, I felt it gives me a nice and comfortable pace. One that I can maintain for all 26.2 miles!
- Watch: Garmin Forerunner 220
- Love this watch, it’s super simple to use and has very limited bells and whistles. It’s an older model watch, but it’s perfect for what I need.
- Costume Inspiration, Peter Pan!
Who is your favorite Character in Neverland?