I’m finally ready to talk about my husband and I’s double half marathon weekend! If you follow me on Instagram, you probably saw that for our 6th wedding anniversary we decided to complete two half marathons in 1 weekend.
12/20 – Happy Anniversary!!!!
- 10a – drop off Little Lady
- 10:30a – drive to Palm Coast, FL
- Lunch time – Panera Bread, and a quick trip to Kohls for a car charger
- 4:30p – Packet Pick up!
- 6:00p – Starlight Half Marathon!!
- 9:15p – Starlight Half Marathon completed
- 10:00p – McDonalds Cheeseburger
- 11:30p – Arrive in Central Florida
- 4:30a – Alarm goes off…
- 5:15a – Leave for Mount Dora
- 5:45a – Packet Pick Up!!
- 6:00a – Meet some AWESOME RunDisney people from an Online RunDisney Forum (shout out to RtD)
- 7:00a – Mount Dora Half Marathon
- 11:00a – Mount Dora Half Marathon completed
- 11:20a – The biggest serving of iHOP food I’ve ever eaten…
- 12:00p – Shower / Stretch / Nap
- 3:00p – Drive to Disney
- 4:00p- Check into Allstar Music
- 4:30p – Explore Disney
- 9:00p – Dinner at Beaches and Cream
- 11:00p – Goodnight Moon
- I loved it! It was so lovely, and there were so many Christmas Lights, and other festive decorations throughout the course.
- The only negative was the course was VERY dark at parts. … VERY dark.
- Shirt (long-sleeved)
- Medal (large size)
- Beer / Hot Chocolate
- Snack after the race
- Fabulous! Honestly, there was a great support system from the local police, and just locals. Everyone was so positive and encouraging – it was wonderful!
- more bathrooms (this preggo was in desperate need of a potty!)
- I think so, I really enjoyed the course and the support from the volunteers and coordinators.
- Really pretty
- Too many hills
- Seriously… like Florida MOUNTAINS
- Tech Shirt
- Fuel Station
- Water Bottles at the finish
- Advil at the finish (if desired)
- Nice medal with spinning rocking chair
- Bag with race logo
- I truly felt that the people organizing the event truly enjoyed watching others run, and were so encouraging throughout the race. There was also a lot of support from the local police station, also very encouraging!
- Couldn’t think of any…
- If I was in the area, i’d do it again – but NOT after 3 hours of sleep….